Monday, May 14, 2012

Peacock Pavilions

There has been so much talk about Maryam Montague and her Riad in Marrakesh lately that I just had to write another post about the beautiful Peacock Pavilions.  I was lucky enough to stay at Pavilions the beginning of last summer, so I certainly understand why the owners Maryam and Chris are getting so much exposure. I can attest that the service they provide is top notch and the atmosphere and cuisine is beyond perfection.  The hotel is in the April issue of Elle Decor and just recently, the current issue of Lonny.  Now that spring is here and summer is right around the corner, Morocco is a hot topic for editorials.  They just bring back great memories of my time trekking around Marrakesh, Fez and Tangier. Bartering over rugs, blankets and furniture and sipping the sugary tea while perched on a rooftop overlooking Medina's, olive groves and snow capped mountains. How I long to go back!  

You can see Elle Decor's spread here and make sure to check out Lonny's spread here.  You can also read about the Moroccan shopping experience with Montague's new book, Marrakesh by Design.  Last but not least you can experience some of Peacock Pavilions through my eyes.  The photographs below, I took during my visit last year.  Enjoy!

This was our own living room!

Bedroom

 Another shot of the living room

 Our out door space!

 Our rooftop space!

 The main area of Peacock Pavilions

 Dining room area

Oh, and that's me!



No comments:

Post a Comment